Friday, October 10, 2008

NYCE++

David Pennock has a blog entry with some terrific technical insights and recollections of the NY area Computer Science and Economics (NYCE) mtg. Btw, it is time to acknowledge that the nice acronym was David's idea, to his credit.

In a related note, I was in Boston yesterday for brainstorming about internet ad business in a broad but closed forum. I tend to see more algorithmic problems than the ones of mechanism design or revenue/budget optimization problems that the theory CS community has attacked in Internet Ad Auctions, and it was reaffirmed at this meeting when I heard about the challenges that many companies face that are remarkably common. I will update the outline in my open problems writeup and the set of open problems some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home