Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Year Ends

Two years ago, I agonized over if I should blog: it gives me another channel to express myself (besides papers, PCs, talks, etc), and will that ultimately be scientifically unfair? Suresh and David helped me get over those concerns. Unlike most other professions, being a researcher is really one of self-gratification, instant or otherwise, because nearly every act, everything we do in a day (think/solve problems, write/referee papers/grants) translates to supporting our view of world/science or to becoming more skilled or more crassly, to a line in our CV. Blogging is a perk, with an immediate, instant gratification, and I am thankful to have this outlet even as I split my days among research, products, plans and plain hopes. So, thank you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home