Saturday, November 10, 2007

IKEA

I went to IKEA, an European equivalent of McDonalds (yes, $0.99 cheesburgers, $9.99 lava lamps). I know retailing is a difficult business and I not knocking their hard work. But retailing food is a harder business. I am mainly talking about the Salmon, the poor specimen that was born in captivity, lived within a large mesh I am sure, and eventually made its way, via the steam route, to one's plate: the piece was soggy, served on a plate that was poorly washed, and accompanied by soggier vegetables; the patrons look at the plate without appetite, use the fork to cut it to pieces, move it around and play hockey, all the while talking, eating fries and drinking. I felt the need to rush home, paint a large, healthy, lively Salmon, and hang it somewhere in homage.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The posts on this blog are very random.. can you tag them or something? It would be nice if one can subscribe to a tag.. (like 'cs-related')

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoiled Indian Dude :)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is this IKEA? The IKEA I know sells cheap utilitarian furniture that you assemble yourself and is popular with college students. However, they've recently started an ad campaign trying to appeal to a "valley girl" aesthetic that I barely recognize as IKEA. Is bad salmon part of this branching out or have they always had bad salmon?

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I wish my posts were "random" because that would be cs-fun. :) That aside, I got the point and will figure out something.

2. Yes, if only they had Macher Chorchori (quick list of Bengali food here) on the menu!

3. IKEA in Elizabeth, NJ. My second visit to this or any IKEA location. I did not see many college students on the free bus from Manhattan to IKEA, so they may be popular with a broader segment of people.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home