Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Brooklyn Pizza

I am in Mountain View (MTV) for the week, dealing with the weather (sigh), taxi drivers (sigh-er) and lack of coffee (sigh-est). The weather is grey whenever I am here; nearly every time I have been here this year, I have drawn newbie taxidrivers who ask *me* for directions and highway exits (to get to downtown MTV!); coffee, well, I am not stumbling out of my bed to grab the 50--70 cents coffee in the street corner. Instead, I get a ride to a coffee shop with strange music, a laptop heaven, and where are the little kids and old people in these places?

To remind myself there is a world out there, I thought about Brooklyn. More precisely, Brooklyn Pizza. Think Grimaldi's, Di Fara's. Mouth-watering. Domino's has introduced their Brooklyn Style Pizza. NY times article on what locals think about it has a nice photo or two.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even from Italy it is mouth-watering!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you end up coming up to SF one of these days, and feel the longing for good coffee, I'd recommend Ritual coffee on Valencia (between 21st and 22nd).
--kunal

10:14 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

I get hungry just thinking about Grimaldi's. Had the best pizza ever there a couple of years back (though Pepe's in New Haven might have been about as good). I'll be getting back there for sure!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

too bad .. next time your out of town try www.nyflyingpizza.com .. their darn good and they ship the whole pie anywhere.
One catch they sell minimum two pies to reduce shipping cost.
Cool idea ... H

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home