Sunday, November 26, 2006

Arts during the Break

I like plays, performed in small spaces, with bare chairs for the audience, one, two, at most three rows of them, hair breadth away from the actors. One place you can enjoy this experience is at the Manhattan Source Theater where I recently watched 7 very short plays due to Joshua James called the Best Shot. My favorite was Three Times, a short piece about a Mathematician facing a breakup.

I also like contemporary dances, a half a century of fantastic American contribution to dance via Alvin Ailey or Merce Cunningham and many others. Recently I got to watch 60 yr celebrations of the Limon dance company at the Joyce Theater where they did a program (B) of their early performances from 40's. What a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home